On August 7, we are having a memorial walk at Bay Village Library for our long time member and volunteer Bea Schaefer. There will be a donation jar to contribute in her honor to the Cleveland Animal Protective League. Bea was an outstanding individual and contributor to the sport. Please come and honor her at this walk.
Due to covid concerns, we are not having our annual polar bear walk this Saturday. However the box is at the registration desk for you to walk anytime. It is a great walk, so take advantage when the weather is good.
THE COMMUNITY WALK IN ORRVILLE TOMORROW (DEC. 12) IS POSTPONED.
If you were planning to defy the weather forecast and come to Orrville tomorrow to combine the Orrville volkswalk with the Community Walk sponsored by Orrville businesses, the Community Walk has been postponed to January 16 due to the prediction of rain all day tomorrow.
Sign up to win when checking in. The winner announced at 12:30.
There is will be a second gift card. Only club members will be eligible for this second drawing.
West Wood Nature Center Walk
October 10, 2020 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Turkey Ridge Pavilion – Westwood Nature Center
Hello Valley Vagabond Members
After almost 3 months, we are once again planning walks. We encourage you to hit the trail with us and of course we will abide by the CDC, State and County/City regulations and these requirements are for both volunteers and participants.
“Be Safe” details!
- To ensure social distancing, we will start registration no earlier than 9:30 am and allow no more than 10 individuals in the registration area. Please remain in your car until space is available.
- Wear a mask during registration and stay 6 feet from those in front (family groups are permitted to stay together).
- Carry hand sanitizer and/or wipes for registration and sanitary concerns along the trail.
- Bring the correct change or check ($3.00 per person)
- Bring your own pen to sign in.
- Leave the registration area after registration and/or book stamping (to walk or to car if waiting).
- Present your registration number (on the instructions) at any water/check point.
- Be aware there will be checkpoint(s) but no finish table.
- If you have a cough or temperature, please do not attend.
- A mask is optional while walking if keeping your social distance.
|Dates:||8/8/2020 – 8/8/2020|
|City / State:||Medina, OH|
|Distance – Trail Ratings:||5k/10k – 1A|
|Description:||The trail is flat. Come an enjoy the many historic sites plus ending at the interesting candle store.|
|Amenities:||Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: | Restrooms: Yes|
|Special Programs:||Rockin’ Around the Clock, Walking the USA A – Z|
|Start Times:||9:30 to 3:30|
|Location:||Root Candle Company|
|Start Point / Driving Directions:||623 W. Liberty Street. Medina, OH. Take Route 3 going West. Follow as goes thru town to Root Candle place. This event takes you thru historic Medina and by many interesting sites.|
|Awards & Fees:||B Award|
|Host Club:||Valley Vagabonds, Inc.|
|Contact:||Deva Simon (440) 915-0161|
|Website:||No Website Listed|